After our amazing engagement we enjoyed calling the rest of our friends & family to share the exciting news. We both had smiles that would not leave our faces! We set a wedding date: October 21, 2006. That meant we had a whopping 5 months to get everything done!
My sweet dad left for a two month long mission to Zambia. So I stayed in Abilene most of the summer for several reasons. 1. To keep mom company while he was away. 2. Because that's where my fiancee was! 3. So we could PLAN THE WEDDING!! 4. My second sweet nephew was going to be making his appearance any day. I wanted to be there for the big event & to be able to help Zach & Meg out.
Mom & I kicked it into high gear. Since we knew I would have to be back in Fort Worth in August we wanted to get as much done as possible in the next few months.
I knew I wanted all shades of brown for my colors.
Next we went shopping for the dress! We had planned on going to Dallas for a dress shopping day, but decided one morning to just pop in to the new David's Bridal just to "see what they had." Well, when I tried on the third dress...I just knew. It was THE ONE!
The dress was able to set the tone a little for the rest of the wedding & we worked on getting all the other details ironed out.
David & I enjoyed being engaged & planning for our future. He finished is graduate work in Abilene & started working at finding a job in the dfw area. Once he found a job he moved into a NASTY apartment for a little while until we found a place to live once we got married. He moved it & we were getting so excited to be married.
We were blessed with so many amazing showers and were counting down the days till October 21st!
Here are some pictures of the engagement festivities!
Abilene Shower


Me & Leslie at my school shower.


Lingerie Shower

White Oak Shower

Couples shower at the Lakehouse


3 comments:
It's so fun to see pictures of all of your showers! I still loved that you wore white to every shower. You looked gorgeous in the all the pictures.
I love how Patti and I look asleep at the Hillcrest shower! Ha. It was fun to see all the pictures! I will never forget the look on your face when you walked out of the dressing room with that third dress on...I knew our shopping for "the dress" was done! Love you. Mom
I love how you've posted all about your "love story." Its so much fun to read! I also love to see you guys just enjoying being married! So much fun! As much as I love being where we're at, you make me nostalgic for the times when it was "just the two of us"
Post a Comment