Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Part 3

Here's the last of our Christmas story & pictures! Christmas morning we slept & drank coffee until the boys woke up & were ready to go. As soon as Owen woke up he was ready to open "fresents." And wanted to tell Santa thanks! In my family we open our gifts one at a time. My mom has an ornament on the tree that is a pickle. It is a German tradition that one person hides the pickle somewhere on the tree on Christmas Eve, then the first person who can find it gets to open the first present. Meg was the lucky finder of the pickle this year! David had a very good hiding place. We enjoyed opening presents & taking our time. We opened for a while, then stopped for breakfast then continued the fun! It got to be funny, as you will probably notice in the pictures, there was a following of two little boys going to "help" whoever it was opening a gift at the time. We both got lots of goodies & well as some together gifts. We got a new fireplace screen & tool set. They look great all set up!

Owen & Clay passing out gifts to Honey
A little Knight can now dress up like a real Knight!
That is one cute, but very sleepy fireman.
Helping out Bud open his new fly reel.
New towels for Meg!

A welders set!! Every little boys dream...
And every mom's dream...a necklace from Tiffany & Co. Way to go Dad!

Stocking Time!!

Three little stair-steps. The best & cutest nephews ever!
Will, Clay & Owen

We had a very yummy lunch, then David & I had to pack up & drive home that evening. David had to be back at work Wednesday morning. When we got home we were able to celebrate our Christmas together. We had gotten each other a treadmill for Christmas. So we decided we would get each other a small gift for each other. I got David a new knife & David got me some very pretty cuff links!
It was a great holiday & I truly enjoyed time spent with family. I was especially thankful for all of our health & safety this year. Have a happy new year!

3 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

What a great Christmas! Hope to see you soon!

Shea said...

I love reading all your Christmas stories! Thanks for the entertainment...

JENNY said...

So cute!! I loved readin all of your Christmas entries. How fun! The boys are so cute. Miss and love you! P.S. I need to tell you about my leg.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers