Monday, March 9, 2015

The new house...making it ours

The week after moving in, mom & dad stayed to help out with unpacking, watching the kids & painting, painting, painting! 
They worked their tails off to help make our house feel like "ours" and get rid of the ugly! ;)
We really feel so incredibly grateful for all of their amazing help & expertise! 
Pictures just don't even do justice all the big changes that were made. It looks like a different place!

Our color pallet

During & After
Kitchen hutch on left & breakfast nook on right





Bud earned some serious cool points from Emma for being able to walk on stilts!
 

 That was a tight squeeze. 
Kitchen is never being painted again. ;)
 Lots of little helpers this week!
 




 LOVE our new dining room lighting & rug!!
And no more metallic carved crown molding...there are no words!

When I started unpacking, I realized how many silver plates & platters I had. Most of them came from my grandmothers. Such special pieces, that had always just been sitting in my hope chest, tarnishing. When the silver/grey color scheme came together for our dining room, it hit me that a grouping of these would be the PERFECT thing! I really think it is one of my favorite walls in the house, and I just smile each time I walk by it! I love that it's one of the first things you see when you walk in the front door.

The start of some decorating...now it's really starting to feel like home!
There is A LOT of dark wood. Which we are not painting. Yet at least, maybe one day! 
So with my decorating I'm trying to use as my light colors as possible to brighten it up.



2 comments:

Brittnie said...

I love, love the dining room!! Looks like it is out of a magazine. But I am not sure why you didn't keep that metallic crown molding???!!! :)

Mary Kay said...

It is crazy to me how different that dining room looks! So fun, I love the way you are transforming your house into your home. I can't wait for the next project!!! We love coming to help, though you might better hurry before we get to old to move! Ha!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers