Monday, March 9, 2015

Emma's 5th Birthday Party

Emma's Birthday feel at a really crazy time of year. We were moving into the house on September 6th, and with her birthday only four days later...we knew it was going to be nuts. Not to mention the fact that since we had just moved, we didn't really have a list of friends to invite to a party! 
Since we knew moving day would be crazy...why not make it crazier!! Ha!
I had done all the prep work ahead of time to throw up a little surprise party for her that afternoon. Since all the grandparents were in town to help with the move, it was the perfect time.



 She had requested a Mermaid Party...so a Mermaid party it was! :)
 Bud & Honey took her up to their hotel for a little while, Happy helped me throw up the decorations, and David went to go pick up the cookie cake & a small list of things from the grocery store.






Her reaction was absoutly PRICELESS!
It brings tears to my eyes each time I see pictures or videos.
She was SO surprised & SO thrilled! 
Made the feelings of  how little or crazy it was all disappear! It was pure JOY.

1 comment:

Mary Kay said...

It was so sweet! She loved it as much as she would have loved a big party with lots of kids! Her reaction was priceless!!!! I also love the fact that while we had her at the hotel (killing time so ya'll could decorate!!) she out of the blue came up with the idea that when we got back we should have a surprise party for her Mommy! She walked around the hotel room, gathering up "gifts" that we could give you. "She would give a lovely bottle of hand lotion, because Mommy needed some" and then she insisted Bud and I select something from the room so we selected shampoo and I believe a sewing kit for your purse. She was so excited, of course once she arrived and everyone started blowing horns and yelling surprise, I think she basically went into shock and forgot all about the "prizes" in Honey's purse! Such a sweet heart that little girl has!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers