Friday, October 12, 2012

The Big 3-0

 Last weekend I celebrating my 30th birthday! Still a little hard to believe I've said the final goodbye to my 20's. I have to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing what 30 has to bring!

My parents came in on Friday to keep Emma for the night while David & I went to dinner & to stay in a hotel in Dallas. 
We had a fun, laid back night with a great view!

 Saturday morning we tried to sleep in, with little success for either of us, and enjoy a lazy morning before heading for a late breakfast at our hotel that was delicious!
 We made a few stops in Dallas before heading home.
This is where I thought the big celebrating was ending. I had wanted to go to Joe T. Garcia's for dinner with David, Emma & my parents...so I thought that was the plan.....


Until we walked in the front door of the house...
to a huge surprise of a Surprise Party all for me!
{David & I have always told each other NOT to throw the other a surprise party, just not our "thing"}
So after telling him he was in trouble, and went in & enjoyed myself! I have to say, it was perfect. It was just my parents, David's mom {missed you Joe!}, and two of my BFF's from here & their hubby's.
 My mom had gone above & beyond and decorating the house SO CUTE! It was perfect & so "me!"
 Several months ago, David & I had this conversation about how it would be my dream to have fajita's from all my favorite Mexican restaurant's side-by-side. So my sweet family & friends made my dream come true. We had take-out fajitas from several of my favorite restaurants, and it was SO. GOOD!!


The three besties. Jenny, Andrea, and yours truly. :)
 I love these girls & am so thankful for them!
 It was the perfect party, thank you SO much David, Mom, Dad & Patti for everything you did to make it happen. 
And by the way, I suspected NOTHING!

 After the party ended, mom & dad surprised me with my mom's old hope chest that they had re-done to go at the end of our bed as a bench. It is so beautiful & I love it!
And it will filled with keepsakes from my growing up years, it's been fun to look through it all!
 AND my mom made me the most precious scrapbook with one page for every year of my life. It was so fun to look at & read though. Such a sweet keepsake!
 I also got some other really fun goodies that's I'll have to get pictures of to share. 

I hate I didn't think to get a picture with everyone!
But I sure do love this one of my sweet, sweet little family!

Thanks again for all the sweet birthday wishes, and for those that made my weekend so special & memorable! 

5 comments:

Mary Kay said...

You are so welcome! It was so fun to get to celebrate your 30th with you! We were sorry your brother, sister and nephews were out of town and couldn't be there but it was a pretty perfect day and I am glad you were surprised!

karen said...

ashley, you are absolutely glowing in those pictures! thirty definitely looks good on you! happy birthday!! wishing you a fabulous and blessed year!

karen said...

Your sweet mom had so much fun making the decorations! They were so 'you'! Every detail was so unique and was so lovingly created! What a great surprise David, your parents and his pulled off!

emily said...

GIRL!!! When did Emma's hair get SO LONG?? It is like big girl hair over night!! NOT OK. ;) Happy happy 30th-- I am nearing the end of mine & have to say, they buried my 20's 100%!!! Don't look back! Life begins at 30!!! ;)

Can't wait to look through that chest & the scrapbook! That Mary Kay!! Not another one like her :) So so sweet. Missing you!!

Chelsie Sargent said...

So wonderful- you deserved every bit of it! Love you:)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers