As I sit down to start blogging about the week we spent in Abilene with our precious friends,
I just can't seem to put into words what a fun & special week it was.
Thankfully, mom captured some of the sweet moments on her camera.
{If you read her blog, you will recognize these pictures!}
On Monday evening, Emma & I picked up Pam, Emily, Emmett & Lilli who had flown in earlier in the day & spent the afternoon with family. I cannot even put into words how happy I was to see them all, and to FINALLY get to meet sweet, precious little Lilli. She is just to cute for words! We all crammed ourselves into my car {yes, all 6 of us plus all of our stuff for the week!} and made the drive to Abilene. Considering that we had three kids under the age of three, two of which had been traveling since early that morning, they did GREAT! But we were all very ready to be at Bud & Honey's house!!
Once we arrived, we got everyone settled & the fun began.
We spent most of the week around the house and just enjoying our time together. I had planned a "theme" for each day for the little ones & had a few books & activities to do with them when it was too hot to be outside. We got to spend some time at the pool, and both mom & Pam, and Emily & I all had our turns for little outings.
It was the BEST week & so good for the soul. Only makes me miss them more & more!
Oh, if only we could live down the street from each other.....


3 comments:
I love it! It's so fun that y'all still get together. I'm also excited to hear all about your trip last week. Keep posting! :)
How wonderful!! So glad you had this special time with friends who are truly like family to you!!
Please please please come back! :)
It was such a great week and even though it was hectic it was like the best kind of hectic! Thank you for having some fun activities for the kids and for all the help! I loved it and can't wait for our next get together with those sweet friends!
Post a Comment