Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The GIRL with the CURL

 This is one of those things I want to etch into my memory. 
Emma's curls. Oh, the curls!
I love them. Sometimes they give us fits. But they are just too sweet 
& not knowing how long this stage will last, I just had to document it.
 On really humid days her entire head is full of sweet & soft ringlets.
 Other days, they are a little more tame & can be "controlled" somewhat.
 But whether they are hanging in her face & not being constrained by any kind clip, bow or hair tie,
 of softly pulled to one side
I am in love!
{Mostly with the GIRL, but also with the CURL!}

We have some new Kids Suave spray that helps to tame them a little, and it smells great too! 
We have to use that to have any kind of control. 
Any other helpful hair products I should know about?

6 comments:

Brittnie said...

Love the curls. Wondering if Clara will have curls as a kiddo. Brandon had curly hair as a little kid and I did too but now its all grown out. We will see! :)

Mary Kay said...

Oh I love this post...mostly because I love that girl too but also because those curls just tug at my heartstrings. Reminds me of another girl about 29 years ago that had ringlets all over her sweet little head!

B said...

Precious! I envy those curls! :)

JENNY said...

SO CUTE!!!

karen said...

oh my goodness, this is a book waiting to be written. the girl with the curl....and you already have the best illustrations! she is precious! love all of the pictures!

Alyssa said...

As a mom with 3 girls, all with curls. My only advice is use lots of conditioner both in the tub and as a spray. It helps to keep them from looking so frizzy. And try not to brush them. I mainly just comb through their hair when it is wet and then scrunch it up. But after it is dry I just use spray conditioner and my fingers to help style it, otherwise it gets all straighten out. Love all these curly headed girls!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers