Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This & That

I feel like I've had blogger block lately. It happen, I guess. 
We've had lots going on & I've had lots on my mind. All of which I guess have contributed to the lack of any big or exciting posts lately!

I have a sweet friend who lost her baby just over two weeks ago & is having to walk a very difficult road of grief. That along with having to recover from a c-section without her precious baby girl seems like more than any momma should have bear. SO many of my thoughts & prayers have been with them, oh how my heart hurts for what they are going though.

I have another dear friend who I have asked you to pray for in the past. Emily suffers from Crohn's disease. She has had many difficult days. But Praise the Lord, her precious baby girl arrived safe & healthy last week. {And is absolutely beautiful! Auntie Ashie is not partial at all, though!} They are both rest at home now, which is such a huge blessing. We are still praying that Emily can continue to have an easy & problem-free recovery, as we know things can change so quickly.

I am reminded day after day of how blessed we have been & what a precious little girl I have. 
Emma is constantly cracking us up with the funny & cute things she says & does. She has SUCH a great imagination already. It is so fun and entertaining to watch. Just this morning she spent probably an hour pretending she was a puppy dog, playing in her dog house {under the table}, eating pretending food, drinking pretend water, and being just so stinkin' cute!


I finally gave in & joined the Pinterest craze. I resisted for as long as I could! ;) I've already done a few things that I've found on there. It's been a fun resource for "tot time" ideas to do with Emma, and I even have a meal in the crock pot right now that I found there & it's smelling really good & making me very hungry!

I've been doing lots of Snowbird Design work lately to get all geared up for the holidays.
It's about that time to start thinking about Christmas Cards...so go check them out, along with the new & really cute metal Christmas Ornaments over at my design blog. 


David & I just celebrated our FIFTH wedding anniversary! We celebrated pretty low-key at home this past weekend. Because, we are going to get to have a date night in NYC next week. Yes, you read that right. We are going to NYC, but just for one evening. Crazy!! David has a business trip in Philadelphia that I am going to tag along for, and we are going to make a fast & furious trip to NY while we are there! Can't wait!

We have had two child-free weekends in the past month. It has been really good & much needed for David & I, but we definitely missed our girl! Don't think she missed us near as much as we missed her. :) I guess that's how it's supposed to be!


Wow! This is probably the wordiest blog post you've had from me in a loooong time! :) Hope I didn't scare you away! I promise the next post will be much more exciting...I mean, Halloween IS coming up, ya know!?

6 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Such fun happenings! You are so right, she loves to pretend! So fun!!

JENNY said...

Loved catching up with you on your blog! Makes me miss you!

annalee said...

wow, a lot on your heart for sure!
emma's hair melts me. she is adorable.

B said...

Emma's hair is SO precious! I wish I had those curls!!!

Kim said...

I have missed keeping up on your blogs. Slowly but surely, I will get back at it. ;) Thank you for your sweet words and your faithful prayers. You have been so wonderful and your thoughts and prayers mean so much to A & I. When yall come to town again, it'd be great to see you. Bring Emma over to play with the kids, I know they'd love it. Or, maybe I could escape my precious kiddos and come catch a moment of peace with yall. ;) Thanks again. Please keep the prayers coming; we definitely still need them, and we feel them. Love you.

Kim said...

And how could I post without telling you that Emma is a doll. Love her pumpkin pictures. Fall is such a fun time! Glad she is enjoying it, as she should be. ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers