Wednesday, September 14, 2011

my TWO year old...

Oh, my sweet Emma Grace...
How is it possible that you are two?? It seems like just yesterday I held your tiny 6 lb 13 oz for the first time, and hear you are...such a big girl! You are absoutly the JOY of our lives, and we love you more than words can describe. You're such a blessing!


Here are some of the things you are doing these days...


*You weight 24 lbs {16%}
*You are 33.5 inches tall {41%}
*Your bedtime is around 8:15 or 8:30, even though you rarely fall asleep then. You like to talk & sing & play in your bed a while before you drift off.
*You take one long afternoon nap, usually around 3 hours.
*You still sleep with your blankie & poppy. We are not sure how much longer we will wait before we give that beloved paci up.You love your bed, and will often times ask to be in there for a little quiet time.
*You LOVE any fresh fruits or veggies. Meat is not your favorite thing & it's usually a pretty exciting occasion if you will even take one bite of it. When it comes to food, your no means no & your yes means yes! :)
*You love to TALK, and jabber away all day long. I don't think there is any way I could ever being to count all the words you say. Most people you meet are pretty amazed at your vocabulary.
*You are starting to put more & more words together to make phrases or sentences. I love to hear your sweet voice.
*You love to sing songs, especially ones with motions & are really good at many of them!
*You LOVE to color & read books...a  girl after your mama's own heart!
*You can be somewhat of a little tom boy at times. You are not afraid to get dirty, will pick up a worm, gecko, or bug without any hesitation & love to play in the grass & leaves and find sticks. I'm glad you are well rounded! :)
*Because you also have quite the little imagination & are already so good at pretend play. You crack us up with some of the things you will do! You love to play with your dolls, stuffed animals & run around the house in a tu-tu!
*You love animals, and still have quite the obsession with glasses & goggles. Just yesterday you wore a pair of goggles around the house for quite a long time.
*You love when you daddy gets home in the evenings, and it melts both of our hearts the way you run for the door to great him. 
*You are starting to be shy around people you don't know, especially men. As soon as you spot someone that is close & could possibly look your way, you will bury your head in our chest, or cover you eyes with your hands. You have also had a few moments of separation anxiety, but we are hoping those don't get any more frequent. It's no fun for you OR your momma!
*You are making sure we remember you are two by occasionally throwing yourself dramatically on the ground to cry. Sometimes over nothing at all, and sometimes for a reason. Either way, we are working on staying on our feet & using our words to communicate what we need. ;)
*You love to play & be around people, but you do reach a point where you need some "me" time. Once you have a few minutes by yourself you are usually ready to go again. Although, you are not too crazy about other kids invading your personal space!
*You are such an easy-natured, go-with-the-flow kid.


You are so busy & up to so much these says, I'm sure that I'm forgetting lots that I want to remember. I will try to add those things as I think of them! 
Love you, baby girl!

{thanks Gordon, for the top picture! LOVE it!!!}

2 comments:

JENNY said...

I don't think I could love her anymore than I do!! She is such a sweetheart and I cannot wait to give her a huge hug next weekend. Can't believe she is already 2. It really does seem like yesterday that we were holding our itty bitty babies. Emma is such a beautiful, loving girl. You and David are the best parents!

Mary Kay said...

Yes, thank you Gordon for capturing such a precious sweet picture of our TWO YEAR OLD. Yes, hard to imagine! We love her so much and adore hearing all the funny stories. She makes us all smile and we love her dearly! We are so blessed to be her Bud and Honey!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers