Thursday, March 10, 2011

18 Months

It's been waaaay to long since I've posted a detailed Emma updated...and today is just the day for it! 
My baby girl is 18 months old today!
I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around that! I feel like she should still be my baby, but she's showing us each day how much of a big girl she is becoming! There is no telling how many times David & I talk about how sweet/cute/adorable/precious/wonderful she is! We are so in love with our sweet Emma-girl! 


I know that I won't ever be able to write down everything you are doing these days, baby girl, but I'm gonna give it a try. I want to remember EVERY little thing about you because I know you are growing up way to fast! :)
Size & Stats:
You weight 23 pounds.
and are 31 1/4 inches long!
You wear size 4 diapers.
You wear 12-18 month & 18-24 month clothes, just kinda depends on what it is & where it's from! :)
You wear size 4-4/12 shoes.
Your hair is still really short, except for in the front. If we don't keep it pulled to the side with a clip or bow it's in your eyes.
You have 14 teeth with two more trying to come in. For the past 1-2 weeks you've had 2-4 teeth giving you lots of trouble & making you really fussy! I feel so bad & wish I could make it easier!


Your day:
{Here is a "typical" day}
You normally wake up between 7-8.
Eat breakfast. 
Play or run errands with mommy.
12ish-eat lunch.
12:30-1:00-go down for your nap.
You sleep anywhere from 2-4 hours.
After you wake up we play & work around the house, and sometimes get out to run errands.
6:00-dinner.
Playtime with daddy.
Bath, get ready for bed.
8:15-8:30-bedtime.

Food: on the most part you are a really good eater. You LOVE fruits & veggies. I think you would be okay with only eating those if I let you! :) Getting you to eat meat is a struggle at times, but other times you chow down. 
 You love to have a "naak" {aka snack} in your Snack Trap cup. Your favorite right now is "O's, anin, or fruis" {Cherrio's, Raisins, Freeze Dried Fruits}
Your are good about drinking milk {which for some odd reason you call "row"...we can't figure that one out! ha!} & water {"watie"} and LOVE to have juice {"jus" that & "fruis" are some of the cutest words you say...I need to get it on video!}.
 You are a good napper & a good sleeper at night {most nights!}, you will occasionally wake up once or twice & need to be rocked for a few minutes to go back to sleep. You are GREAT about going to sleep on your own. We just lay you down in your crib, you will talk & play for a bit, then sweetly drift off to sleep without fussing or crying.


Favorites: 
*Your blankie & poppy are a favorite anytime you are tired, fussy or ready for bed...or any other time I will allow you to have it.
*Your favorite movie is Leap Frog Letter Factory, and I recently showed you Curious George for the first time & you loved it. 
*You love Monkeys.
*I don't really think you have a favorite toy. You are good about playing with all of them.
*You are not a strong mama's girl or daddy's girl, although when you've been with mommy all day you are very ready for some good daddy time! I don't blame you! 
*You LOVE all four of your grandparents! "Nunny, Bo, Appy, & Umps" {Honey, Bud, Happy & Grumps}
*I'm convinced your favorite word is "uh-oh." You say it A LOT! When there really is an "uh-oh," when something is dropped or thrown on purpose, or even in conversation. 
*You love Itsy Bitsy Spider.
*You LOVE going to Bible Class & your teachers Happy & Papa Bear. You also love to pat your Bible, and say prayers. You make us so proud when you say "A.E!" at the end.
*You love glasses, as well as other "accessories." You really love to wear hats, bows, shoes & carry around purses.


Skills:
*You are walking really good now! You didn't take your first steps until you were 16 months old, so you are still a little wobbly, but that is now your main mode of transportion. ;)
*Your fine motor skills are great, you love doing lacing cards & drawing.
*You are a little chatter box! It is so fun hearing you talk all day long! You are at the point where you will pretty much try to say anything we ask you to! I had tried to keep a running list of all your words, but figured out a long time ago I couldn't keep up with you! You are starting to put two words together sometimes. It's usually if you are saying byebye to something {ex. byebye daddy}
*You know almost all of your letters AND their sounds! I am so proud!! :)
*Shapes: you consistently know circle, star & heart
*Colors: You can say almost all of them, but aren't identifying them quite yet.
*Animals, pretty much any animal that we point to you can say their name & sound. Some you will just say their sound, {for example, you call a horse a "naaaay"}
*You know the signs for more, all done {which you use anytime you are "all done" with anything...eating, thinking you are ready to get out of your car seat, swinging, etc.}, please, water & milk.



Personality:
*You have become quite a little lovie girl! You are constantly coming over to just snuggle on my shoulder, give hugs or kisses. I can't get enough of it! :)
*You will pretty much go to anyone, even random ladies we pass in a store. Yes, it's happened! A few times you have just dove into the arms of a complete stranger! Ha! This past week during storytime at the Library, you got up & walked all the way across the room just to sit in some random ladies lap. You are my little social butterfly!
*You can, however, be shy when you want to. :) I guess you take after your mama!
*You can be quite silly. You like to cut your eyes really far over to one side, shake your head, wave your arms around, walk or crawl in circle saying "round, round, round" then stopping to see if you are dizzy, tickle, play peek-a-boo & stomp your feet to "dance dance."


We love you more than words, Emma Grace! I'm so thankful that I get to spend each & every day with you. Being your mommy is the absoulte BEST job in the world! These have been the greatest 18 months I could have every imagined! I love you!

9 comments:

JENNY said...

She is so sweet and beautiful! I love Miss Emma!!!

Mary Kay said...

We love Miss Emma too! I can't get over reading over all the things she is doing...seems like yesterday you and David brought her home from the hospital! Wow, where does the time go? She is so much fun and yes, so many things she does reminds me of her mommy! I love all the pictures!!!

Lauren said...

Emma is just gorgeous, Ashley! Can't believe she's already 18 months. What a precious post!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Gorgeous pictures, beautiful post. Both to you both!

karen said...

happy eighteen months, emma! those eyes are so expressive!

emily said...

oh, wow!! This little Emma girl is getting so big! It blows my mind that she is so accomplished :) Can't wait to see you even though I have NO IDEA when that will be!!!

Kim said...

She is growing up too fast...as is Jolee Kate. :( Don't you wish you could stop the hands of time for a while? Jake just turned 5, and to think Jack is already 3...I think about it daily. She sure is a sweet girl...give her hugs from us!

Wendi said...

LOVE the pictures!!

Jessica said...

She is so gorgeous! Great pictures!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers