I cannot believe it's the week of CHRISTMAS!
I hope everyone has a very happy & joyful week as you begin {or continue, if you're like us!} your Christmas celebrations!
I am embarrassed to say that I just took down my fall wreath last night, and finally hung this little beauty!
I've had plans to make it since LAST Christmas when I found these adorable little sweater-knit holly leaves & glittered Merry Christmas metal sign on a 1/2 off table.
This was an easy project...no gluing, sewing, wiring, or painting involved. Only tying & wrapping!
Here are four easy steps!
1. Buy your supplies: A wreath form {I used one the straw kinds because I couldn't find a rounded Styrofoam one in the size I wanted}, yarn in the color of your choice, ribbon to hang, embellishments {or not...you could do different colors of yarn & make a fun striped pattern!}.
2. Start wrapping! {warning: this part does take some time, but is the perfect thing to do with a cup of hot chocolate & a fun Christmas movie!} I began by wrapping the yarn around once & tying a knot. I did "messy" wrapping so that I didn't have to worry about trying to line it up perfectly. I have made another yarn wreath {seen here}, and did try for perfection...it made it much more difficult & time consuming! Wrap the whole wreath.
3. Add your embellishments {I held them on by the wire stem/hangers & wrapped my yarn around until I covered up the part I didn't want to be seen & felt like it was secure. You could use a little hot glue at this point if your add-ons need a little more securing!
4. Tie on your ribbon & hang!
Ta-da! That's it...easy as pie! :)
Have a happy Monday & look for more posts soon about our first two out of three Christmas'!



2 comments:
love the wreath! love it!
Cutie pootie! I love how it turned out! Glad you finally finished it and got the pumpkins off the door! Hehe. Love you!
Post a Comment