Friday, August 6, 2010

Favorite Things Friday


Remember that time I said I was going to try to start doing FTF on the first Friday of every month...really what I meant was ever other month! ;)
In all honesty I sat down to do it last month, but just really wasn't coming up with anything. If it wasn't exciting to me-I figured you wouldn't really care about it either! 

Here are two of my resent obsessions for ya...


I haven't ever really liked cupcakes. I find them hard & messy to eat, and I've probably only attempted to make them 1 or 2 times. Crazy, I know!
The hard & messy to eat bit hasn't changed. But when they are this good...I could care less about how much yummy icing I get on my face or fingers!

When I was in Austin for the annual girls weekend, we stopped by Hey Cupcake! to get a few treats to share. Now I'm wishing we had forgotten about the sharing part and gotten four of those babies EACH, instead for the group of seven to split! They were delicious. That's that started this cupcake madness!
Then a few weeks ago Emma & I went to Dallas to eat lunch with David & just happened to be down the street from Sprinkles. I'd always heard about the goodness & just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Oh. My! I got four different flavors, none of which disappointed. David, being the non-sweet eater that he is, tasted about a 1/4 of one & agreed that it was quite delicious, but was able to stop there. Who does that!? So guess who ate the other 3 & 3/4 of the cupcakes within the next 24 hours? Yep, you guessed it! Yours truly...and I never looked back!


Now, I can't stop thinking about cupcakes. They are so cute, and can be oh-so-yummy! There are just too many options out there, the papers, the toppers, the icing, the sprinkles...even the shows! Food Network's Cupcake Wars has even reeled me in.
What ever am I going to do!?

On to obsession #2:
My sewing machine & I have been big buddies lately.
In the past week I made my first pillow case dress for Emma, embellished a shirt to go with some cute leggings I found at Gap for $2, and finished another cute little dress for my girl.



I have also been stitching away at a few goodies for Miss Priss' first BIRTHDAY party...which is right around the corner. Here are few little sneak peaks at what's ahead! :)
I can hardly wait for the party...even though I CAN wait for my girl to be a year old...I really can't believe it's almost here! {Even though she is constantly proving to me that she is not a baby anymore!}

6 comments:

JENNY said...

I want a cupcake right now! I love them. :)

Okay, and I LOVE LOVE what you made Emma. I really want a sewing machine and think I may ask for one for Christmas. You are so creative!

Mary Kay said...

OH MY GOODNESS! 3 outfits in one week! Girl, I am SO SO SO proud of you! I of course was already proud of you before you started sewing, but then it just gave me another thing to be proud about! Proud in a good way. I love all your recent projects...and let me just say that the onesie for the birthday party is over the top cute! :) Emma Grace is gonna have one styling party! :) Next time I am in town...we must find some excuse to go to Dallas and to Sprinkles! Love you sweetie!

Jessica said...

I am impressed with your sewing quota for the week! Looking forward to more cute things you're sure to make. :)

Jill said...

Love the fabric you chose for Emma's pillowcase dress, and I'm digging how you just did one ribbon that ties on the side -- brilliant!

Too, I've seen tutorials lately on how to make those ruffles like the first pic of Emma's birthday stuff...can't wait to see how yours turned out. Good work!

Lauren said...

Your sewing fruits are so, so precious! I really want to learn how to sew. Can you come to A-town to teach me? I really like cupcakes, too! You are such a doll, Ashley! wish I had just a touch of your home-oriented giftedness. I can't believe Miss Priss is almost ONE! She is beautiful. ;)

annalee said...

two words CUTENESS OVERLOAD! love it all.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers