Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Project #2

I had a productive craft day yesterday!
First, I finally finished my spring wreath.
AND I sewed a sweet liner for Emma's Easter basket!

I love these pottery barn baskets, but thought surely there was a way I could do my own look for less! And that is just what I did!

First I visited my all-time favorite fabric store in Fort Worth. {Cabbage Rose}
I picked out these adorable fabrics.

Then, I found this plain basket from Michaels. It was 40% off!
{It had a not-so-cute lining in it that I ripped apart & used for a pattern. That was a great time saver for me!}

Finally, a little sewing & here is the finished product!
Soon I will post pictures of it filled with Emma's Easter goodies. I can't wait for next year to see her carting it around & filling it with eggs!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, Miss Ashley! I LOVE Emma's Easter basket! I think the fabrics you chose are just adorable. Now you've given me the itch to visit Cabbage Rose. I really want to make my own apron for dishes and other tasks around the house. Plus, I think aprons are adorable to the core and they make me feel whimsical, crafty, and creative! :)

emily said...

Okay, you busy little beaver!! I'm still trying to sleep thru the night & you're turning out goods like all this?!!!? WHA!?!?!? All of your stuff is super cute. I have an empty room I'd like you to come live in for a while :) When will our next craft-time w/the moms be? Love you & hope all is well!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'm going to copy your wreath. It's just simply adorable. And, I need am excuse to go to Cabbage Rose. I get myself in trouble when I go there though. :) I need that turquoise houndstooth!

Miss G said...

A-DORABLE!!! Kelly

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers