Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, Baby-Basic Registry Essentials

My friend Cassie is starting a new weekly series on her blog & has invited anyone to join. I thought this one was too good to pass up & helps to solve a Favorite Things Friday dilemma I was having! I have lots of "themes" that involve baby things, but didn't want to have weeks where some people felt like you couldn't participate.
So...I'll post my favorite baby-type products on Tuesdays alongside Cassie's Oh, Baby themes. You can join in too, just make sure you go to her post to add your link to her MckLinky!

Here's my picks for this weeks theme...
Basic Registry Essentials
{I decided to not put pictures of each item, but a link instead! Trying to use a little time management!}


A good diaper bag you love is a must.
Let's face it, this is going to be your purse for the next however many months...so it needs to be cute, versatile & of course functional.
After a lot of research I realized that it was one of those things where you might just have to splurge a little {or a lot}, but I have come to realize it was worth every penny!
This DwellStudio bag is what I decided on. And I'm in love.
I don't like how messenger style bags always seem to slip off my shoulder, so I loved these straps, plus there are straps that hook on the the stroller which is really convenient. The inside has the perfect # of pockets to hold just what I need.

Diaper Champ
I didn't really know which would be better the Diaper Genie, or the Diaper Champ. I decided on the Champ because it uses regular trash bags-which I figured would be more convenient & cheaper than having to buy some kind of specialty refill.
I've been very pleased with it!

Bumbo
I LOVE Emma's Bumbo. She loves sitting in it, I think it makes her feel so big! :) It is great for strengthening those little baby muscles & for a high chair until she is ready to sit on her own.
It is easy to clean & you can also purchase a tray that attaches.

Boppy
This has really transitioned with us as Emma has grown. At first it is a perfect nursing pillow & now great for Emma to lounge or sit in.
There are also so many adorable slip covers, which is fun too!

Diapees & Wipees

These are great to have around. I have one in my diaper bag, one in David's daddy diaper bag & one in the car! It's so nice when we are at a restaurant or church to just grab it for a quick diaper change & not have to tote around the whole diaper bag.

Chicco Cortina Travel System

We have been really pleased with this car set & stroller. It's really easy to maneuver & fold up.
We also have a Chicco umbrella-type stroller that we will really enjoy as well once Emma is a little bigger.

Summer Infant Baby Bather
This bath is great! It folds up really small & is so easy & simple. I think Babies R Us only has the blue, but I found it in pink at Wal-Mart.

Fisher-Price Brentwood Swing
Although I'm sure there are many other swings that are great too, I love this one because it doesn't look so "babyish." And Emma likes it, which helps too! :)


Oh my- I guess the list could go on & on, but I will stop here! All though there are so many more "essentials," these are probably my favorite & most used items.


2 comments:

JENNY said...

I really love all of your favorites, too. I love that the boppy has transitioned with Jude's growth. We still use it.

Sue said...

I am a friend of Cassie's and was wondering where you got the adorable knit hat with the crochet flowers for you sweet baby?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers