5
For a college graduation gift, my mom & I got to take an amazing week long trip to NYC. We had the MOST amazing time & got to enjoy so many wonderful parts of the city. Including a few very interesting cab rides. So nothing was more perfect for my ornament that year than this adorable yellow taxi cab. To make it even more special, my mom has a matching one on her tree! I can always look at it & remember the most amazing Christmas in New York!
6
I received this precious repelling Santa one year when I was in High School. Every summer I went on Wilderness Trek with my youth group. And repelling day was always my favorite. My brother, Zach was a Trek guide during those summers & got to be a part of our trips & help me get down the cliff! This was another perfect ornament to mark such sweet memories.
How do you always seem to find the most PERFECT ornaments, mom??
I know it can prove to be quite the challenge some years, but you always do such a great job & I am so thankful to have so many sweet ornaments that bring back such wonderful memories. It's like a walk down memory lane each year when I get them out, and has allowed me to share so many memories with David.
Thank you!


2 comments:
You are so sweet! It really is one of my favorite things to do! I agree, it is like walking down memory lane. I loved being at your home last week and looking at all the fun ornaments decorating your tree! I don't think you can have a prettier tree than one decorated with memories!!
i think your mom is pretty amazing, too! i love all the traditions she has been given by your sweet grandmother, and now she is passing those traditions on to you.
i think these ornament stories need to be included as a chapter in that book i think your mom needs to write about making memories. maybe y'all can co-author it! it's a book just waiting to be written..down on paper so that others, like me, can learn from your creative-ness!
Post a Comment