Friday, August 28, 2009

Favorite Things Friday

Since I trying to enjoy these last few days/weeks of being pregnant I thought I would share a few of my favorite pregnancy books & products.
1.
The Pregnancy Journal
My mom gave me this book at the very beginning of my pregnancy {well, at least as soon as she knew about it!}. It have loved it. It has a place for you to put the date each day & tells you things that are happening with the baby, with you & other interesting facts & important tips. There are places to write notes & keep track of little milestones. It will be a fun keepsake for sure!
2.
Your Pregnancy Week by Week
I bought this book right after David & I found out that we were expecting. It has been great to read each week, has answered a lot of questions & make me aware of things I needed to know!
3.
Palmers Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks
I love this stuff. Even though I have gotten a few stretch marks, I like to think it has kept it from being worse! And my belly has hardly itched at all though my pregnancy. I don't know if it has anything to do with this stuff, but I like it anyways! :)
4.
Gap Jeans
I got these jeans at Gap earlier in the summer. Oh how I wish I had found them sooner! They are WONDERFUL! I love that they don't look at all like maternity jeans & they are super comfortable.
They can be rolled & buttoned up to make capris or left long. Also they have the adjustable waist {like on the inside of kids pants-with the elastic & buttons} and the drawstring waist is also adjustable. I am thinking they will be a good option of jeans for a little while after Emma is born also.
{I don't think there are many sizes still available, but I am sure there is another jean similar if you are looking.}

2 comments:

Alison said...

ashley, i found your blog in the beginning of your pregnancy, and i have loved keeping up. anyway, you are so close, and i am very excited for you! about the pregnancy journal you wrote about...i had that, and i loved it, too! there is a version made for your child's first year, and i also now have the one for 24-36 months...or, it might go longer...i can't remember. i have enjoyed reading about the development of Cailyn, our daughter, and it was fun to keep up the journaling in the way that specific journal works. so, i just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't realize you can get that journal for emma when she is in her first years of life. blessings in this next month...it's some kind of joyful adventure!
-alison thompson
www.thethompsonfamily.wordpress.com

Leah J. said...

Those Gap jeans are SOOOO cute!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers