Saturday, May 9, 2009

A few questions...

This is for all you readers that are mom's. I have been slowing working on my registry & have a few questions.

There are SO MANY products out there. I of course know not all of them are necessary & practical. So I wanted to know your opinion on a few.


First of all, seeing that we live in Texas and our winters are not extreme I am wondering about this little thing. It is the"bundle me" put out by JJ Cole.
I think they do seem cleaver, but is it needed? Or does a nice blanket work just as well.

Next on the list...
Shopping Cart Covers
They do look like it makes the ride a little more cozy, but we all made it without one! What do you think? Is it really worth it, or too much of a hassle & one more thing to carry in?

Ok...Two more questions...

1. When is the best time to take maternity pictures. I don't want to look like a beached whale, but also want to have a big enough belly that I look good & pregnant! :)

2. The dreams...I have numerous dreams every night. And although it is NOTHING to complain about, I wouldn't mind one dreamless night! Is this something most pregnant girls experience?

I think that is all {for now}!
Have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok so in my personal opinion, a blanket works great and I don't think you need anything extra in texas.

I think the shopping cart covers are wonderful. Yes it is one more thing to carry around, but I would rather Riley chew on the cover than the cart that I have no idea who or what has been touching it. Also we couldn't make it eating out without one, because it keeps Riley from turning around in the restaurant high chairs. my opinion is they are great and everyone should have one.

I would say talk to whoever is taking your maternity pictures and ask them. They may have opinion on when they prefer to do them. Debbie Riggs did mine and I think I might have been 6-8 weeks out. I can't really remember thought for sure.

I didn't have a dream problem so I got nothing for you on that one. I hope you are enjoying this time a lot. Good luck with the registry.

JENNY said...

I wish I knew more about all of this, but I don't! All I know is that I have weird dreams EVERY SINGLE NIGHT right now. I am ready to not have anymore. ha. Oh, and I registered for a shopping car cover.

Sarah said...

Okay...bundle me--way, way way too hot for the baby! Logan was born in November, and I tried to use his twice...I nearly burned him out of the carseat...I'd say get a little larger blanket and use it--much much better. They have a little blanket thing that works well too that has arms and a hood, then has a hole for the carseat buckle in the middle--we did use this a few times with Elly and it was great. (Its kinda like those sleep sacks with arms but heavier and with the buckle hole)

Shopping cart cover for me was a must...my kids put everything in their mouths, so chewing on grocery carts or high chairs --completely gross. I think Darla has the name of a girl who does custom ones.

I took maternity pictures with Logan at 8 months...it was great, but I think 7 months would have been ideal. I have the name of an AWESOME girl if you need it...check out my friend Kim's blog (Its Stringer family) and look at her maternity pictures...they're fantastic.

As far as dreams...they'll end when you have the baby. Mine were wacked out completely--I'd dream my MIL was pregnant too and wierd stuff like that, but after you have Miss Emma, that will mostly go away!

Leah J. said...

We didn't get the bundle thing, but we did have to use blanket to cover C in the winter, so it might be a good idea! I'm really not help with that one.

I LOVED our shopping cart cover (we used it for high chairs too)!! Highly recommended! We don't really use it anymore, but we used it for a long time ... for us it helped with germs because it covered the surface, but more than that, it helped C to sit up comfortably when he wasn't quite used to sitting up.

I didn't do maternity pics. I just never felt cute enough! Looking back on pregnancy snapshots, I think I looked "cutest" - yet still very pregnant - about 2 months out from my due date.

I had the CRAZIEST dreams!!! So normal! :)

Cassie said...

I agree with everyone else...we always just used blankets and Caleb was born in December. We never needed anything else. If you ever want to take him in a jogging stroller, though, I'd HIGHLY recommend something like that. We started running with him at 3 months and the blankets would always fall off. I wished we had something similar to that so it would keep him covered. Other than that, we only used a blanket.

We LOVE the shopping cart cover. We don't use it as much now that he isn't putting his mouth on everything, but we used it all the time when he was younger. I also liked it early on (around 6 months) when he started riding in the front of the cart. It was good padding for him when he decided he wanted to lounge.

I have NO idea about maternity pictures. I would think somewhere around 7-7.5 months would be a prime time because you aren't miserably big by then...but I didn't get them done so I can't tell you for sure:)

Happy Mother's Day!

Shiloh said...

I have a friend with a photography business doing maternity pics with Josh and I and I think it will be about 7 months.

I am also having ridiculously werid dreams.

annalee said...

i guess it will be easy to take this advice since we are all saying the same things:)
the ONLY time i ever wish we had the bundle was when we went to colorado and we got by there without it so i bet it will be easy to do.
definitely get a shopping cart cover that doubles as a highchair cover. they are the best!
i had my maternity pictures taken around 8 months. i would not do it any later than that.
the preggo dreams are hilarious in retrospect, write them down!

Michelle said...

i agree with what everyone else is saying about the blanket thing and shopping cart cover.

also, i wish we had registered for (because we had to buy it later and loved it) an exersaucer, nursing apron, ella roo sling, and a doorway jump-up (we couldn't find any in stores but found lots at garage sales!)

we have also loved and gotten lots of compliments on our graco swing that the seat lifts off to a bouncy seat. gotta love two for the price of one!

when we were registering, i knew i was going to nurse at first, but eventually go to bottles at some point. we had no idea what kinds to get, and registered for about 2 of every kind of bottle! yikes. i'd suggest avent 4 and 8 oz bottles, but lots of moms at the daycare i work at use dr. browns. we also spend tons of time registering for clothes, which was pointless for us, as everyone just buys you whatever they like...so save yourself the time!

happy registering!

Courtney said...

We're doing our pictures at 7.5 months. Our photographer says month 7 seems to work the best because you're big enough, but not too big or uncomfortable.

Adria Hoyle said...

Hey Ashley
They made all of these inventions after my kids -- wow, I guess that ages me :) As for the pictures, most of the ones I have taken are between 7 and 8 months. I would not go past 8 months. Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Hello, beautiful! I'm so glad I found your blog. :) Okay, so you've already had lots of posts regarding your questions, but I thought I would put my two cents in if you don't mind!

We have always just used blankets over our kids' carseats.

We had a shopping cart cover for Jordan, and I had a HUGE love/hate relationship with it. It was an awesome product, but I hated folding it up and unfolding it. Especially when I was at the store by myself because it was just one more thing to take care of.

I took my maternity pics with Jordan when I was six months. They turned out wonderfully because after month seven, I started getting really uncomfortable and didn't feel very photogenic.

My dreams were extremely bizarre when I was pregnant. Not that they're much better now, but seriously, what can you do?

I hope Ella Paige will be able to meet Emma Grace soon after she is born. Maybe during the holidays.

LOVE YOU!
whit

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers