Saturday, June 14, 2008

There's No Love Like SNOW Love, part 3

Well, there I was. Living up my single days in Cowtown. I was enjoying life, and getting used to being a "professional." I was also enjoying my evening phone conversations with David. He had been incredibly sweet by helping as I was hunting for an apartment and bought me a very sweet & thoughtful housewarming gift when I found a place. David had a few weekend classes in the metroplex, so we had a few opportunities to see each other. I was still wanting to take things sloooow. I hadn't figured out quite what I wanted yet. One weekend we had been hanging out in Downtown FW- a wonderful & fun place! I was taking David back to his truck after our evening. As we were parting ways I leaned over to hug him, and he went in for the kiss. I knew this guy was a really special one, and I didn't want to go there until I knew what I wanted. I wanted to be fair to him, and not hurt him. So...I gave him the head turn. Yes, that's right...I did. I felt bad, it was a bit awkward & and I laughed when he got out of the car. Sorry Baby! :)


A few weeks later we had a wonderful date to one of my favorite restaurants. We went to PF Changs, then back to my apartment to watch a movie...where we had our first kiss. I didn't turn my head this time, and it was lovely!
So, to make a long story short:

Not too long after that he asked if I wanted to go to Taos with him & some of his roommates. During the time I was "thinking about it" the trip got canceled, so he asked if I would go home with him to East Texas instead. I gladly obliged. Things started getting a lot more serious.

We were at my apartment before we left & David "accidentally" told me he loved me. It was a really cute moment. I laughed really hard, and he was really embarrassed & worried!

I went home with him, loved his family, felt right at home and fell in LOVE! When we got back to FW, he told me he loved me and we were both ok with it this time!

You know, people always say when it is right you just know. I guess I never really understood what that would be like. But after that weekend we both really did know it was right. And neither one of us ever had a second thought. It was an amazing feeling (and still is!)

Things kept on going really well. We kept up the long distance relationship, even though we did get very tired of the phone at times. We both just knew that this was right & both of us agreed that since we were so sure of things...why wait? We started talking about marriage & plans for the future. We had even gone to look a rings a time or two Wow! That was really fun & made it all seem a little more real. It was spring by this time and my dad was getting ready to leave to spend the summer in Africa on a mission trip. I didn't want to get engaged & him be out of the country. David said we would probably wait until he was back, and get engaged sometime after that. Little did I know what he had up his sleeve!

coming up next...the engagement extravaganza

6 comments:

JENNY said...

Yay for the next installment of your love story! It's so much fun to think back to those months when you and David fell in love. You two are perfect for each other. Can't wait to read about your engagement!!!

Michelle said...

it is so fun and sweet to read about your love story!

btw, i'm cleaning out everything for a garage sale this weekend. i can across a photo album from high school that has opp camp pictures! it is hilarious to see you, jana, and i as such babies, and it was the first time we met eachother. such fun memories!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Cant wait for the next post...

Jennifer said...

I love your series of how you and your hubby met. It has been fun to catch up with you online. You two have a great love story. It looks like God has blessed you richly since college!

Mary Kay said...

Ahh...I never get tired of hearing this sweet story! It was for sure a whirlwind romance...but we ALL knew it was for real. We could see it in both of your faces! God sure had a plan in bringing the two of you together!

Mary Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers