Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Seattle

David & I just got back from a fabulous vacation! We spent five wonderful days in Seattle. It was so nice to get to be away by ourselves. I feel like we have traveled quite a bit in our first year & a half of marriage, but the majority of the taveling has been going to visit family & friends. I have loved all of those trips, but this one was extremely nice. We enjoyed our time together & visiting a city that was new to both of us!

Our hotel was really nice & we got to do a lot of fun things. We got to see most of the well known city sights, took a few ferry trips to cute little islands, and visited the Olympic National Park- which was breathtaking!

Now, on to the many pictures! What you really care about, right?! :)
Warning: These are in really random order!


. . . . .

the fruit in the market was amazing! i have a new favorite-it is called temptation fruit & it's a cross between a cantaloupe & honeydew melon. absolutely delicious!!

the flowers were incredible as well! this is my new background on my computer! :)

by the huge piggy bank in the market

awww...cute!

waiting for the ferry to come

eating breakfast in a cute little courtyard

by our rental car on the ferry on our way to see the Olympic national park

a beautiful view of the mountains

david is really happy, because he loves the cold! :)

waiting for the transit-monarail-thing to go back to our hotel

eating a yummy lunch on the pier

on the ferry going to bainbridge island
standing in our hotel lobby in my cute new coat i got on bainbridge island!

david by a cool wooden boat on lake union

this is our hotel room. we had a great corner room w/a nice view of downtown.

in front of the original starbucks

a weird picture of us & the space needle

space needle

david rockin' it at the experience music project museum


those are just a few of the many pictures i took! we had a great vacation & are so glad we were able to go!




7 comments:

JENNY said...

WOW! That looks like an awesome vacation. Chris and I have been wanting to do that for awhile and now I'm wanting it even more. Love all of the pictures! The mountains look breathtaking. And, I love your new coat.

Lauren said...

It looks like you and David had tons of fun in Seatle. May I just say that I think the two of you are so precious? You are a little fashionista! Loved looking at all the wonderful pictures. Have a blessed week.
Lauren Cunningham

Chelsie Sargent said...

Glad you had a great vacation! Can't wait to see you in August!

annalee said...

i heart seattle! so glad y'all had a wonderful time. and excellent coat find.
we are going to abilene during the week of july 14th. when's your next abilene trip?
we aren't moving to houston til mid-august. we will be staying with ev's parents for a bit while we find somewhere to live so i'm not sure where yet but hopefully somewhere centralish.
have a great summer day!

Mary Kay said...

nLoved the post! I am SO glad you two planned a trip away! Such a fun time to be doing this sort of thing and so good to get away and have some one on one time! Seattle looks beautiful and I love all the pictures! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!!! Yahoo. Mom

Mommy Leah said...

How fun! I loved all of the Seattle pics!!!

Lauren said...

I just wanted to let you know that I added you to my favorite blogs. You are a blessing!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers